Sunday, 28 June 2015

Musings ............ Books and Sea priestess rituals

  The Nature of Air and Water...............


A wonderful novel by Regina Mcbride

'so begins The Nature of Water and Air set on a patch of Irish coast  where amid the flurry of whispers, amongst the mystery and the beauty lays an intense tale of love and sorrow with myth and magic secrets and darkness.
I recommend this book and all of Regina McBride books for their poetry and soul..they have such a mystery that is not found in today s world. They have dark secrets that hurt, but they have a language and love that speaks not only of love but of Mothers and daughters twined in the endless dance of the soul.

                                               
(part of a Sea - Priestess Ritual)            

                                  Calling out to the Goddess 

Initiated and celebrated on a quiet beach at low tide, where our names are written as offerings in the low shore.


By the twilights of time I call thee

From the tide wrecked depths I urge you come

On running wave from the sea gates of the Lost City, I call thy name,

By the reef flow, in silver blood let your Moon tide draw our names from the sand,

To write us upon the Unmanafest, unformed

For we are yours and you are upon us and upon the eternal creation that is.


Have a deep soak in epsom salts...walk barefoot on the shore and land....eat Pepper dulse and Laver bread,  xxxxx

10 comments:

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

Oh, this is pure beauty and therapy! We were on the Northern California coast just a week ago, in Carmel by the sea. Aqua sparkling waters, pure white and fine sand, long walks, runs up the dunes that warranted an epsom salt soak....all pure joy.

The Irish coast is what I love too, the rugged shores and crashes of sea symbols in a symphony of wild air. LOVE THIS!

Jess said...

It sounds so lovely. I find it difficult to find books that hit the spot. I think one might do it for me, thanks so much for sharing it here. :)
Jess x

Sea Cottage said...

Thank you Lynn for sharing this. It is so beautiful and speaks to the deep parts of my seawashed soul. I will get the book. I have two daughters so I know this will be meaningful to me.

Katie Bedlow said...

Mysterious and beautiful, sounds a great read! Katie x

http://long-may-she-rain.blogspot.co.uk

sarah said...

It sounds like a wonderful book, I must see if I can get it.

victoria vollam said...

one for keeps, definitely. we had a peaceful beach walk here on the east cost today; its all shells and yellow horned poppies at the moment. Beautiful and serene. Later tomorrow will pop some pictures on my new blog A Hare's Breath if you would like to see. Thank you so much for sharing ... xxxx Vicky V

Lesley Austin said...

Oh, Lynn! How I would love to be on that shore with you, bent over, tracing our names in the sand...

I shall try the book in the meantime. Our library has The Fire Opal. xo

Gail said...

sounds wonderful Lynn....and I have been walking barefoot on the grass.... the weather is perfect...enjoy your weekend..Gail x

Vicki Boster said...

Lynn-- already I am enthralled with this book. The images... The words--- this would be a beautiful book to lose oneself in. I'm ordering it today:)
Thank you for sharing-- as only you can do in such a beautiful way...
Vicki

Debbie said...

You have inspired me to buy two of her books, they sound just my cup of tea.
Wonderful post.